VCA Oquirrh Hills is looking for an experienced and highly
motivated Veterinary Technician to lead our amazing and dedicated
We want you to take the skills and experience you've gained over
your years in this profession and put them to great use in our
hospital. This is a working veterinary technician supervisor
position that is responsible for the leadership and development of
the Veterinary Technician Staff. In addition to all Veterinary
Technician responsibilities, duties will include, but are not
- Implementing department policies and procedures.
- Scheduling staff and conducting team meetings.
- Accurately handling and recording controlled drugs.
- Record keeping.
- Facility maintenance.
Must be dedicated to creating a healthy work environment where
all employees are elevated, empowered and enjoy what they do.
- Credentialed Veterinary Technician or equivalent practice
- Leadership/Management experience as a Veterinary Technician
preferred but not mandatory for the right candidate
- You possess the ability to multitask, effectively handle
stressful and emotional situations
- Must be able to work well independently as well as part of a
- Must be a highly motivated, enthusiastic, self-starter with a
professional and positive attitude
- Enjoys mentoring and training others
- Flexibility with work schedule
- Ability to thrive in a steady and often fast paced
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in working with your
colleagues and pet parents
- Proven ability to keep accurate patient records
- Strong ability to problem-solve
At VCA, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and
people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth.
VCA Oquirrh Hills is a busy three doctor practice, we see a wide
variety of cases from wellness to emergency care.
We have on site digital radiology, ultrasound and endoscopy to
preform high quality medicine and our doctors preform surgeries
multiple days a week in our separate soft tissue and dental
You will sharpen your skillsand even learn some new
techniquesand explore career options that only VCA can offer, such
as continuing education with a generous allotment for credentialed
technicians, transfer, specialization, and leadership
We offer competitive compensation along with a comprehensive
benefits package, including: medical/dental/vision, paid vacation,
life and short term disability insurance, paid parental leave,
annual CE stipend for credentialed vet techs (for full time
employees), 401(k), generous personal pet care discounts and
Ready to be part of an amazing and dedicated team? Apply today!
We look forward to hearing from you soon.