Ups Technician Lead - Utah
Company: M.C. Dean, Inc.
Posted on: May 31, 2021
Exciting career opportunity for a UPS Battery Technician II to
join one of the region's fastest growing companies.
Dean-Fluor offers an excellent benefits package including a
competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability
insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement
Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
- Site Point of Contact (POC) and Subject Matter Expert for UPS
systems and batteries. To include the scheduling and execution of
Preventative and Predictive Maintenance, Corrective Maintenance and
- Inspects power electronic systems and their associated
controls. Typical systems include but are not limited to UPS
systems, static transfer switches and their associated controls.
Inspections include, but are not limited to Initial, In-process,
Visual Condition, and Final Inspections, Maintenance Operational
Checks, and Failure Analysis.
- Certifies that systems and components adhere to quality
standards established by applicable codes, publications, checklists
- Reviews and checks system drawings and specifications for
accuracy and completeness. Determines maintenance requirements,
inspection requirements, and compliance with technical standards.
Resolves discrepancies between recorded and actual system
components by research with manufacturer or by physical inspection.
Corrects and certifies changes entered for record.
- Provides technical assistance and expertise on power electronic
devices to client and engineers. Participates in inspection,
technical assistance, maintenance assistance, and instruction of
site personnel and engineers. Advises site personnel on proper
maintenance practices, procedures, and techniques. Reviews and
interprets existing technical publications applicable to
inspection, modification, and maintenance of power electronics.
Resolves technical problems encountered. Logs work in Maximo and
makes recommendations on system improvements.
- Organizes resources and assists Battery Technicians involved in
the maintenance, installation and inspection of Vented Wet Cell and
VRLA batteries and related components.
- Inspects battery charging and monitoring equipment and to
insure they are operating correctly;
- Maintains operating service records for batteries.
- Recommends additional maintenance requirements and/or battery
replacement based on Preventative Maintenance findings.
- Employee may occasionally be assigned together duties for
training purposes and/or to meet facility work requirements or
Examples of Battery Duties: Maintains, inspects, installs and
cleans batteries and terminals; takes voltage, resistance and
specific gravity readings; fills batteries with water; recharges,
removes and replaces batteries; installs inter-cell connecting
straps; performs discharge tests on battery strings; performs
single cell charges on batteries; keeps routine battery service
records and logs; and participates in the training of Battery
- Maintains operational expertise with the following
a) Digital Multi-meter
b) Power Analyzer
c) Infrared Camera
d) Digital Camera
e) Insulation Test Equipment
f) EMI/EMF Meters
g) Battery Test Equipment (Alber/Midtronics)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be capable of achieving and maintaining Top Secret/ SCI
- Requires strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting complex technical
instructions, plans blueprints, and schematic diagrams.
- Strong working knowledge of NEC, maintenance practices,
maintenance and supply procedures, and quality control
- Use of laptop computer, various software packages and other
electronic communication devices will be required.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate complex electrical systems,
perform damage assessments, estimate maintenance, parts, and
manpower requirements, diagnose malfunctions, and employ testing
and inspection techniques.
- AA/BS degree in Electrical and/or Electronics from an
accredited college or university, or a Journeyman Electrical
license with applicable experience or equivalent training from the
Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or Military
- Future training and certification requirements: Various
Manufacturer Maintenance Courses, Power Quality Training
Keywords: M.C. Dean, Inc., Riverton , Ups Technician Lead - Utah, Other , Riverton, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!