Job Coach Trainer 1-Riverton Ut Deseret Industries
Company: The Church of Jesus Christ Latter-Day Saints
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Posting Dates: 04/26/2021 - No Closing Date
Available Openings: 2
Job Family: Social Services
Department: Welfare Self Reliance Department
This role helps to foster self-reliance, care for the poor and
the needy, and provide opportunities for giving and service by:
helping members become economically and emotionally self-reliant;
providing access to essential food and clothing items, helping
members prepare for and respond to disasters; and providing
humanitarian aid to relieve suffering; thus furthering the mission
of the Church. A Job Coach Trainer exists to support the mission
and purpose of the Welfare Department and the Division of Deseret
Industries. The Job Coach Trainer plays a critical role in the
training of DI Associates and in managing daily store operations.
These critical roles may include: 1) Training and development of
Associates, 2) Opening and closing of DI Stores, 3) Management of
store sections (receiving dock, processing area, sales floor,
Cashiers, etc...) Additional areas of training and development
include: a) Dress standards, b) Hygiene in the workplace, c) Proper
work behaviors, d) Time keeping, e) Work ethics, f) Specific skills
training, g) Vocational training, h) Performance management. The
Job Coach Trainer is an essential player in day-to-day store
operations and is pivotal in the successful training, development
and eventual placement of Training Associates in viable,
self-sustaining work environments within the communities they
serve. Job Coach Trainers are responsible for ensuring that
day-to-day store operations run smoothly and efficiently.
- Supervise and coach 15 Associates (25-36 annually), who may
have a wide range of disabilities or circumstances preventing them
from achieving self reliance on their own. Primary, daily contact
and source of help for all Associates. - (ongoing)
- Schedule work for all Associates.
- Teach Associates standard store operating procedures, plus
proper Health and Safety practices and standards and ensure
understanding and compliance.
- Job Placement activities to obtain regular employment outside
of Deseret Industries for all Associates. These areas will include:
resume writing, interview & job searching skills, communication,
team building, leadership, and self reliance skills, etc.
- Provide education, training and intervention into all verbal,
physical, intimidating and harassing situations. - (ongoing)
- Train and supervise Associates enrolled in advanced skills
- Teach Best Practice Work Behaviors including time keeping,
communication and leadership skills, honestly, reliability, and
following instructions. - (ongoing); Evaluate each Associate, at
- Coach for improvement in behavior and productivity using
specific behavioral modifications techniques. - (ongoing)
- Give crucial input to Individual Self Reliance Plans (ISRP)
developed for each Associate.
- Assist each Associate to complete ISRP as assigned by the
- Maintain confidential records of current work and productivity
behaviors of all Associates.
- Bachelor's degree in related field of study (Retail/Employee
Development) and/or equivalent combination of experience and
- Demonstrated experience in teaching, training, and/or
- Experience working with those who; have a disability (physical
and/or mental), or are recovered substance abusers is a plus.
- Ability to regularly lift up to 25 lbs., to walk and stand for
long periods of time, to bend, twist and climb as needed.
- Successful completion of the Job Coach Trainer Fast Track
Training within the first 30 days.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day
Saints and currently temple worthy.
Posting Notice/More Info.
Please Note: All positions are subject to close without
Find out more about the many benefits of Church Employment at
Keywords: The Church of Jesus Christ Latter-Day Saints, Riverton , Job Coach Trainer 1-Riverton Ut Deseret Industries, Other , Riverton, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!