Cable: Become a Satellite TV Technician/Installer - Layton
Posted on: April 20, 2019
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Do you enjoy physical indoor/outdoor work, talking with people,
providing customer service and learning new technologies? Are you
seeking an opportunity where you have independence, confidence, and
control your success? Are you a natural leader who is adaptable and
willing to learn new skills? Then being a DISH Satellite TV
Technician/Installer is your calling. At DISH, we invest in our
Satellite TV Installers/Technicians. We provide classroom and
on-the-job training as well as a van, tools, and uniforms. Our
Satellite TV Technicians/Installers are responsible for multiple
customer visits daily which could include completing site surveys,
installing satellite equipment, ensuring a quality broadband
internet connection and educating our customers on our
award-winning DISH Satellite TV services. Bring your computer,
electrical, maintenance/repair, general labor, cable, military,
customer service and/or customer relationship experience to
What's in it for you?
- DISH provides our technicians with paid training, uniforms,
cutting edge tools, a fuel card, and a vehicle
- Progressive incentive program for providing additional
solutions to customers - As you earn points, you may choose from
thousands of rewards such as digital tablets, riding lawn mowers,
or even airfare to Hawaii!
- An opportunity to earn additional bi-weekly incentive pay
through achieving your performance goals!
- Have 3 days off per week - we schedule our technicians to work
4-day work weeks
- Highly independent work with unparalleled promotional
- Comprehensive benefits package including complimentary DISH
Network service, paid time off, medical, dental, and vision
insurance, 401K, employee stock purchase program, and tuition
Satellite TV Installers/Technician Primary Responsibilities:
- Conducting site surveys - determine the best positioning of our
equipment for strongest signal reception
- Installing cutting edge technology - place mounts, satellite
dishes and receivers while ensuring broadband connectivity
- Educating customers - review order with the customer and teach
them the basics to use and enjoy their new service and
- Providing Dish Smart Home Services - successful technicians
offer our customers additional services and products while earning
incentives and building new skill sets that will propel them into
the future of in-home services delivery
For more information, please click
Skills - Experience and Requirements
A successful Satellite TV Installer/Technician will have the
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High energy, being resourceful, and strong multi-tasking
- Basic computer skills; basic electronics and/or audio/video
knowledge is helpful.
- Strong customer service skills; friendly, approachable and
motivated with a strong work ethic and high degree of
- Ability to stand for long periods of time on a ladder, lift
over 70 lbs at times, crawl into small spaces, work in all climates
and remain within the individual weight requirement of 335
- Willingness to work flexible schedules including weekends,
holidays and evenings.
- High school diploma or GED preferred; college or
technical/vocational school a plus.
- Must possess a valid driver's license in the State you are
seeking employment in, with a driving record that meets DISH's
minimum safety standard.
- Cable industry experience is a plus.
Keywords: DISH, Riverton , Cable: Become a Satellite TV Technician/Installer - Layton, IT / Software / Systems , Layton, Utah
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!